Centrum excelence - Institut teoretické informatiky
Center of Excellence - Institute for Theoretical Computer Science
Welcome to the home page of the Center of Excellence - Institute for Theoretical Computer Science in Prague, Czech Republic. In Czech, the full name is "Institut teoretické informatiky", hence the abbreviation "ITI".
Center of Excellence - Institute for Theoretical Computer Science (CE-ITI) is a research center for theoretical computer science and mathematics. CE-ITI aims at becoming an international leader recognized world-wide, and also a driving force of Czech theoretical computer science and mathematics. To achieve that, CE-ITI includes best professors, young researchers, and students from several top institutes in the Czech Republic, and integrates the following key activities:
- Conducting research of highest quality, addressing major challenges and open problems, and initiating new sublines of research.
- Educating a new generation of researchers and active searching for new talents.
- Cooperating and fostering international cooperation, strengthening the standing of Czech computer science and mathematics in world-wide context.
Center of Excellence - Institute for Theoretical Computer Science is a consortium of the following institutions.
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague
- Institute of Mathematics, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Computer Science, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of West Bohemia
- Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University